Five Sense Fun with Fruit
A health and nutrition lesson on identifying and demonstrating the five senses with the use of fruit.
• To identify and demonstrate the five senses with the use of colorful fruits.
Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 2nd Grade
Print the reading comprehension passage and questions (see below).
Students should read the passage silently, then answer the questions. Teachers may also use the text as part of a classroom lesson plan.
Basket of real fresh fruit to include: strawberries, oranges, bananas, kiwi fruit and grapes; journals/notebook paper, pencils, colors/coloring pencils/markers, blindfold handkerchief material.
Timeline: 3 days
1. Teacher explains the names and functions of the five senses.
2. Students trace their hand on a piece of paper and label each finger with the names of the five senses.
3. Teacher brings baskets of various fruits, specifically oranges, bananas, strawberries,
kiwis, and grapes.
4. Teacher explains the vitamin content in each fruit referencing various research
materials. Students write the names of the fruits, the vitamin content in their journals.
Print this printable worksheet for this lesson: