The Five Themes of Geography: Letís Build a Theme!
A geography lesson on the five themes of geography.
• To explore and define the five themes of geography.
2nd Grade - 3rd Grade
Print the lesson plan (see below).
Materials: Social Studies class textbook to reference chapter on Geography and the Five Themes; Magazines (National Geographic, TIME, local newspaper); Five Themes graphic organizer worksheet; pencils; glue sticks; construction paper; soft scissors.
Timeline: One Week
1. The teacher will explain the five themes of geography referencing the textbook.
2. The teacher will write the five themes on the board.
3. The teacher will write three key terms on the board for the students to define.
4. Students will write the five themes on the Five Themes graphic organizer worksheet.
Print this printable worksheet for this lesson: